Sunday, April 14, 2013

Rockin' Roll and Read + a Freebie!

Happy Sunday friends!  Who's ready for a little Rock n' Roll?  If you can hang with me for a bit I have a surprise for you at the end!

Well I just got done cranking out a new product.  It's a Roll and Read for Fry's 1st 300 Sight Words.  Let me just tell you, my kiddoes LOVE doing roll and read.  It might help a little bit that they get to use the jumbo dice that I have.  But, regardless they like it!  What they don't realize is that it is helping them to build their fluency while they are playing a fun little game.  This can be done with a partner or independently.  

There are 15 different game boards with each board containing 20 different sight words all mixed together!  Endless fun right here!  If you want to check it out go ahead and click on the picture below!



Ok so I went to Target today and of course had to hit up the Dollar Spot.  I. Have. A. Serious. Problem.  When it comes to Target I have always had a problem.  But every since the started the Dollar Spot years ago, it has gotten 10x worse!  I wanted to share with you a few of the things I got!



They have so many great books right now!  I cannot wait to put these at the reading center.  My littles are just going to eat them up!



Ok the magnifying glasses are my favorite.  I am planning on putting them with the Rockin' Roll and Read for them to use.  It will make it all so much more fun.  I am a bin fanatic.  I plan on using these puppies for holding center materials or counters.  And who can ever have enough file folders?  Especially these cute ones!  My files just got so much more fashionable!


If you hung in with me, then I have a little freebie for you.  Click below on the picture to pick up Fry's First 100 Sight Words Game Boards.  I just loved how these turned out.  They are so cute!  Thanks for dropping by and I hope that these are something that you can use!




The first 2 people to pin this activity and post the link in the comment will get the Full Rockin' Roll and Read sent to them!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Dana,

    Love your Rock-n-roll Sight words. I pinned it and here is the link:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/212935888604194918/
    under: First Grade Friends

    My Email address is: Teachingtimestwo@gmail.com
    Can't wait to hear from you.

    Kristy and Misty
    Teachingtimes2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like a great and exciting way to learn Sight Words! Here is my pin: www.pinterest.com/pin/145944844147077812/

    rachelmd93@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dana,

    I found you through the TpT Foruma and I thought I would stop! I ABSOLUTELY <3 the dollar section at Target. The Hubs always gets on me about it... reminding me that if I buy more than one... I am spending more than a dollar. LOL! Oh Well! Your new unit looks a-dorbs!

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! There is no limit in the Target Dollar Section! Am I right? haha

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the first 100 words! We will give them a try this week.
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete