I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday! This has seriously felt like the longest week. I am in much need of some R&R! Going to try to make this quick. I have been under the weather all week with a respiratory infection! Yuck!
1. My girls! I have the best group of friends. There are 9 of us that have been best friends since high school. We were seriously inseparable. We all went to different colleges but have kept in touch. Most of them still live in Plano/Dallas Texas where we grew up. Only 3 of us live elsewhere. We all got together last weekend for our Kristi's wedding. It is wonderful because we can pick up right where we left off. We have been through so much together, heartache, marriages, deaths, births, and everything else. These girls are my world and I am so thankful for them!
2. PICTURE DAY! Class picture day. I dread it EVERY year. I feel like a giant next to my 1st graders. It seems like every picture I have ever taken I look pregnant. I'm not. I have got to get better posture. Last year I made the photographer let me see the picture and then proceeded to have her retake it. Ha! Here's to hoping this year's will be fabulous!
3. 3D Shapes galore! This week we have been reviewing the Common Core standard for Geometry. For this last Module in TLI we have to cover ALL standards before our test. It's seriously insane to cram it all in. But luckily my kids have remembered it all! We used Kelley Dolling from the Teacher Idea Factory's 3D Shapes Pack. It is so incredible. It is so jam packed with fun activities that we couldn't get to everything! I can't wait to use it next year during the month that we teach shapes because 1 week is so not enough! We also used my Geometry Common Core Crazy Pack (Click on the pic to check out my pack! The kids loved making their 3D shapes booklet and we even did a little assessment today that they aced! #proudteacher
4. Face Time. I am so thankful for Face Time. (So is our dog Bear) Being away from Mr. Coach while I am finishing my year in Arkansas and he is coaching his little heart out in Alabama is so hard. I love being able to see his cute face (Mr. Coach's that is. I cut him out because it wasn't the most flattering pic! Haha) makes my day and makes it just a little bit easier!
5. Reading Buddies. These littles make my heart go thumpity-thump. These pictures Melt. My. Heart. Some of my littles have come so far in reading. They cannot wait to read chapter books and ask me constantly. So today we did just that! I let them have reading time and I just loved watching them relax with a good book. I may or may not have taken that time to grade some papers. Um, I mean do intervention. =)
Well that's all I got! I hope that you are all having a fabulous week friends! Enjoy your weekend! I am resting up and getting ready to see Mr. Coach next weekend! Eeek! Can't wait!